Refinery Project Planner – Grangemouth (Permanent)
Petroineos Refining - OUR FUTURE IS EXTRAORDINARY. YOURS COULD BE TOO.
This is an exciting time to join us at our Grangemouth refinery. We are seeking a Project Planner to work within our Projects Team This team plays a crucial role in the Refinery by managing high profile/high value technical projects across a number of disciplines.
The role reports directly to the Program Manager. The successful incumbent will:
• Take full accountability for Front End Planning for the engineering phase of our projects
• Directly interface with the Planning Engineer
• Ensure a joined up approach to planning for each project, including front-end engineering, design, construction, commissioning, completions and close out.
• Take strategic direction from the Project Lead(s)/Manager(s)
Key responsibilities include; but are not limited to the following:
• The management and control of the front end planning function using Primavera P6.
• Ensure all projects they are allocated are correctly maintained, updated, archived.
• Identification and communication of Risks to the project schedule.
• Utilise a front end standard network for Capex and Remediation projects.
• Assist with the production and maintenance of standard project planning templates for their projects
• Help ensure all work executed by the projects team is planned.
• Produce resource histograms to assist in resource allocation and/or recruitment.
• Conduct regular planning meetings with the project owners and the engineering team to ensure accuracy of the plans for reporting progress.
• Conduct regular meetings with the Planning Engineer to input the front end plan into the integrated Capex and Remediation programmes.
• Organise and manage Interactive planning sessions for project as required.
• Meet or exceed the contractual planning Key Performance Indicator’s (KPI’s)
• Work as part of an integrated planning team, sharing workload across the portfolio of projects.
Education and Experience
• An experienced Project Planner with construction experience would be ideal. Refinery/chemical experience is an advantage but not essential .
• HND / HNC in engineering discipline considered.
• Competent in Primavera (P6 preferred).
• Must be self-motivated and able to effectively communicate and where appropriate influence the Project Team and contract personnel.
• Must also be capable of interfacing with Contractor and Client senior personnel in an effective manner to achieve project objectives.
• Brownfield project experience is an advantage and preference will be given to candidates with experience of multiple small projects delivery
• Applies a structured approach to their work.
• Proactive and open minded
• Strong team player