PROJECT SERVICES MANAGER - COMPETITIVE SALARY AND BENEFITS
FPS is a 100% INEOS-owned integrated oil and gas liquid transportation and processing system with a nominal capacity in excess of one million barrels per day serving the central area of the North Sea.
Oil and gas liquids from over 50 offshore fields and St Fergus flow through pipelines into FPS. FPS transports crude oil and gas liquids from offshore and onshore entry points, processes the liquids at Kinneil and redelivers to the customer Forties Blend crude oil at Hound Point and either Raw Gas or fractionated Gas Products at Grangemouth
The Project Services Manager is responsible for the establishment, implementation and ongoing development and management of project management systems and controls required to support the effective execution of Capital & Decommissioning projects. This covers services such as project administration, cost estimating and control, planning / scheduling, information management and reporting, including Organisational capability and processes, within the remit of Project Services.
- Establish and develop a highly effective planning function, providing the necessary skills and knowledge for supporting CAPEX and Decommissioning Projects.
- Develop the effectiveness and capability of the Planning function, including the development of appropriate tools to provide analytical and risk assessed data, as required by the Business.
- Manage project cost estimating demand, improve accuracy and provide benchmarking data to drive improvement.
- Become familiar with INEOS FPS engineering contractors and build effective working relationships with providers to ensure accurate and timely reporting on key performance indicators.
- Work closely with Project Managers to establish, develop and fulfil resource management plans, particularly for major CAPEX Projects.
- Be the focal point for all projects, manage and distribute weekly Project Reports provided by Engineering Contractors.
- Ensure compliance with relevant procedures for Change Requests and for Project Gate process
- Provide Project Planning input into routine Planning Meetings, ensuring that the required information is collated as necessary.
- Assist with the Assurance process for Projects.
- Coach and mentor others in Project Services team, to develop competencies within the team for the functions they are performing.
- Provide cover and stand in for Projects Manager when required
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Chartered, degree qualified Engineer
- 5 Year + years’ experience in Project Services (ideally relating to Oil/Gas industries or petrochemical manufacturing).
- High-degree of technical skills in schedule planning and development, cost estimating and budgeting, resource planning, cost engineering risk, project controls plan development and implementation, project cost accounting interfaces; progress and performance measurement and assessment, cost engineering management of change; forecasting; business planning processes, designing and implementing project controls systems and general project services.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with project systems including Finance Systems, Business Planning processes and Invoicing, IT.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of formal project management systems, including the principles and associated processes, practices, or tools.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present technical and commercial issues in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to create positive working relations with peers and stakeholders, internally and externally
- Proven team-leading skills with the ability to coach, and build capability and manage a team.
Job Knowledge Skills:
- Awareness of formalised decommission/demolition/project processes
- In-depth knowledge of oil and gas plant design, operations and maintenance.
INTERESTED? PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR CV AND APPLY