Sales Representative/Account Manager
Work from home
Competitive salary + generous benefits package, including competitive pension plan
Are you IN?
A truly global company, INEOS is one of the largest chemical companies in the world with 65 sites across 16 countries. INEOS O&P Europe has eight sites across Europe which has the capacity to manufacture over 8.5 million tonnes of chemicals and Polymers. The UK site based at Grangemouth, Scotland is INEOS’ largest manufacturing site and is home to an Ethylene Cracker and other major petrochemical processing plants as well as Scotland’s only crude oil refinery.
This is an exciting time to join the O&P UK team as we work to deliver a commitment of significant investment which will transform the business over the next few years. We require a UK based Account Manager with relevant sales experience to join our UK Sales Team to play a key role in the delivery, support and growth in our business.
Reporting to the UK Sales Manager, the successful candidate will have responsibility for a portfolio of UK and Ireland based Polymer customers in which their product requirements are both from Grangemouth and also other O&P European Assets. In addition, this role involves a large focus on prospecting new business growth accounts to maximise volume and revenue targets.
- Deliver the budgeted sales volume and contribution for UK Polyolefins’ business from UK Assets.
- The jobholder will additionally sell products produced from the North and South Assets into UK customers.
- For the UK region and the UK/European polymers assets:
- Define, agree and deliver individual UK customer plans by development of account plans for customer portfolio.
- Accountable for contract and spot price negotiations and service to UK and European accounts in portfolio to maximize revenue stream and contribution margin.
- Prospect, develop and deliver sales to new customers in accordance with sales strategy.
- Identify new opportunities at both existing and new customers and deliver a development plan with coordination from Technical Service.
- Responsible for day to day account management activities liaising when appropriate with Customer Service, Logistics, Planning & Quality / Technical teams.
- Management of local credit for portfolio working with Credit Team to ensure best in class payment performance without bad debt.
- Management of customer rebates and accruals ensuring that they are accurately entered and executed.
- Provide and input accurate monthly sales forecasting for customer portfolio and review regularly versus order progression.
- Management of the complaint resolution process for customer portfolio.
- Primary measures for account management include customer profitability, customer relationship, customer retention, volume, pricing, loyalty, debtor performance and forecasting.
- Deliver the personal SHE commitment objectives to ensure no accidents, incidents and work related health issues.
- The jobholder will deliver sales and margin growth across the UK region. This will be achieved by developing and sustaining solid relationships with current customers and prospecting for new opportunities to maximise the volume return and margin for the business.
- In addition to selling UK sourced product into UK customers, the jobholder will also manage a customer portfolio in which additional product is sourced from European Assets into the UK. This will require the job holder to be able to interact with regional management and understand and act on multiple business strategies and product flows.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- The job holder will have a minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a sales related role preferably with a technical / manufacturing background.
- A University degree, with a (polymer) science, chemical or commercial orientation is required.
- Ability to apply skills developed from a technical role or customer services into this direct selling role.
- Ability to seek and interpret information whether commercial, competitive, technical or legislative and communicate this back to the business in a timely manner.
- Clear ability to influence people across a wide range of levels within the customer’s organization.
- Proactive and able to work independently.
- Must be enthusiastic, flexible, adaptable and tenacious with key behaviours of Can Do, Delivery Focus and Results Orientation.
- High level of personal awareness
- Excellent IT and presentation skills required.