Senior Procurement Specialist – Projects and MRO - Engineering & Construction Services and Equipment - (competitive salary and benefits)
INEOS FPS is a 100% INEOS-owned integrated oil and gas liquids transportation and processing system with a nominal capacity in excess of one million barrels per day; serving customers in the central area of the North Sea.
Oil and gas liquids, from over 50 offshore fields and St Fergus, flow through FPS pipelines and transporting from offshore to onshore entry points, then processing at Kinneil and redelivering customers’ Forties Blend crude oil at Hound Point, as wells as Raw Gas or fractionated Gas Products at Grangemouth
Having committed to ~$500million investment over the next 5 years, we now require a Senior Procurement Specialist with relevant experience in the procurement and management of Engineering & Construction Services and Equipment for both Projects and MRO scopes to play a key role in the delivery and support of our 2040+ FPS rejuvenation strategy
The key requirements of this role are to:
- Work in accordance with the company’s objectives and procedures
- Provide advice on pre-qualification/approval and risk status of suppliers to the project
- Analyse commodity spend information including market analysis and develop sourcing strategies.
- Create and negotiate Frame/Enabling Agreements, that include:
- Invitation To Tender preparation
- Tender evaluation
- Administration of tender clarifications
- Contract negotiation
- Prepare and award Frame Agreement.
- Delivery in a Project Procurement environment the Appraise, Select, Define, Execute and Operate stage gates ensuring that projects satisfy predetermined requirements. Scopes may include:
- Engineering projects
- Procurement of materials and equipment demands across a range of categories that may include:
- Electrical & Instrumentation
- Process Equipment
- Supporting and developing team members in respect of the Demand, Market, Strategy, Sourcing, Award and Contract Performance Management phases that underpin the End to End Contracting/Category lifecycle.
- Engage regularly with key suppliers to build relationships and assist in the effective communication of supplier information across the business.
- Actively assist Procurement team with implementation of initiatives and continuous business improvement.
- Create and manage Key Performance Indicator’s for key suppliers.
- Carry out reviews and monitor cycle of Agreements, raising Amendments as necessary.
- Provide support to Procurement in preparation of reports for both function and assets.
- Undertake supplier management activity including performance reviews.
- Review bidders lists and procurement plans for both tendering and projects.
- Provide advice and guidance on procurement processes to the business, as required.
- Deputise for Procurement Manager when required both internally and externally.
- Actively network within the global INEOS procurement organisation to maximise group leverage opportunities and share best practice
FPS has assets between Aberdeen, Dalmeny and Grangemouth – travel is not considered necessary, or will be very infrequent. The role will be based in the Falkirk office initially, prior to a relocation to state of the art premises in Grangemouth due to open in Q3 2021.
qualifications and technical experience
Significant (5 to 10 years minimum) previous procurement / commercial / sub-contractual experience in a large complex manufacturing environment and can demonstrate challenge to suppliers to deliver cost savings.
MCIPS qualified preferred or equivalent chartered membership or QS qualifications
Knowledge and understanding of the services that deliver maintenance, integrity, construction, civils and related site based activities in the upstream and downstream energy markets.
Full understanding of the End to End Category Management process that delivers compelling category strategies and long term value add contracting outcomes.
Project procurement experience of end to end role of procurement in the project delivery lifecycle.
Experience of negotiation during tender, commercial and performance phases of the contract lifecycle.
Good working knowledge and skills of MS Office tools including Excel, Word as well as SAP & Maximo, along with database analysis would be advantageous.
Self-starter and comfortable with communications between engineers, planners, project managers, procurement specialists and suppliers.
Deep understanding of cost drivers on contracts in order to demonstrate transparency and overall value.
Knowledge and understanding of Logic Terms & Conditions and/or other industry recognised terms and conditions
Expert, advanced negotiation skills and techniques.
how to apply
Please register and submit your application via INEOS Opportunities https://www.ineosopportunities.co.uk/
Please note applications not received via this method cannot be considered for interview.
Interested candidates should submit their CV and last two performance appraisals to HR contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please obtain line manager approval before applying for this position.