Senior Procurement specialist
INEOS FPS is a 100% INEOS-owned integrated oil and gas liquids transportation and processing system with a nominal capacity in excess of one million barrels per day; serving customers in the central area of the North Sea.
Oil and gas liquids, from over 50 offshore fields and St Fergus, flow through FPS pipelines and transporting from offshore to onshore entry points, then processing at Kinneil and redelivering customers’ Forties Blend crude oil at Hound Point, as wells as Raw Gas or fractionated Gas Products at Grangemouth
With INEOS having committed to significant investment over the next 5 years we are looking for a Procurement Team Lead that has experience within the Petrochemicals and/or Oil & Gas industry. An individual that can both lead and deliver across a number of categories in a services and projects environment, whilst continually striving to transform functional processes, systems and performance.
The procurement function is undergoing process and systems transformation to support our ambitious plans. This role will drive a number of improvement initiatives and provides a unique opportunity to help build and lead within a developing procurement function across a suite of services, project, maintenance, overhaul and repair scopes
Collaborating closely within the Procurement team, senior internal stakeholders and external third parties you will continuously seek to improve value delivery through application of a framework of Category Management tools and opportunities. The role ensures Procurement is recognised as a positive, significant, value adding integral partner to the INEOS FPS business.
Working alongside the Procurement Manager your experience will enable you to lead on understanding business strategy, key demand requirements and spend in order to influence, advise and provide commercial direction through market based solutions.
- Driving a Category Management approach to delivering Demand, Market, Strategy, Sourcing and Contract Award solutions sought by the INEOS FPS business.
- Ensure that Projects and the Assets have the correct services framework agreements in place to be able to deliver robust CAPEX, operating and maintenance execution.
- Delivering and leading Strategic Supplier Relationship & Performance Management activities that drive improved performance, behaviours and safety across our strategic supplier base.
- Lead and guide Procurement team members in respect of current industry procurement best practice and behaviours, whilst also supporting performance and development requirements.
- Continuous development of functional processes and procedures to ensure our performance and behaviours are aligned to industry best practice as a minimum.
- Direct internal stakeholders in all aspects of supplier selection, evaluation and supplier risk management.
- Delivering commercial awareness and problem solving skills back into the business, underpinned by excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
A background in the Oil and Gas upstream and processing environment whilst highly advantageous will not be the only measurement criteria in identifying a successful candidate as we are keen to ensure that dynamic fit underpinned by pro-active behaviours and values that are core to how we operate.
Occasional travel may be required to our Aberdeen and Dalmeny sites.
qualifications and technical experience
- Significant (5 to 10 years minimum) previous procurement / commercial / sub-contractual experience in a large complex manufacturing environment and can demonstrate challenge to suppliers to deliver cost savings.
- MCIPS level 6 qualified preferred or equivalent chartered membership or QS qualifications
- Demonstrable experience of leading, managing and developing a team of procurement professionals ensuring that clear guidance is provided that delivers positive results.
- Full understanding of the End to End Category Management process that delivers compelling category strategies and long term value add contracting outcomes.
- Ability to manage and develop supplier performance and relationships underpinned by robust contract management lifecycle tooling.
- Experience and understanding of services procurement that deliver maintenance, overhaul, integrity, construction, civils and related site based activities in the upstream and downstream energy markets.
- Experience and understanding of sourcing, procuring and delivering on processing/manufacturing materials and equipment including repairs, overhaul and new purchase.
- Good working knowledge and skills of MS Office tools including Excel, Word as well as SAP & Maximo, along with database analysis would be advantageous.
- Self-starter and comfortable with communications between engineers, planners, finance, project managers, procurement specialists and suppliers.
- Deep understanding of cost drivers on contracts in order to demonstrate transparency and overall value.
- Knowledge and understanding of Logic Terms & Conditions and/or other industry recognised terms and conditions.
- Expert, advanced and demonstrable negotiation skills and techniques.
how to apply
Please register and submit your application via INEOS Opportunities https://www.ineosopportunities.co.uk/
Please note applications not received via this method cannot be considered for interview.