Senior Procurement Specialist (Services)
A truly global company, INEOS is one of the world’s largest chemical companies.
Having committed to significant investment over the next few years, we now require a Senior Procurement Specialist with relevant experience in the management of Services to play a key role in the delivery and support of this growth in our business.
The key requirement of this role is to ensure that the O&P UK Projects and the Assets have the correct services agreements available to be able to meet the site Capex plans and production plans.
- Development of procurement strategies and award of engineering services contracts to support the INEOS business that will achieve the best value for the business.
- Knowledge and understanding of the NAECI (“the blue book”).
- Knowledge and understanding of ‘Offshore’ Logic Terms & Conditions.
- Knowledge of the offshore Logistics Supply Chain market
- Network with the global INEOS procurement organization to maximize group leverage possibilities.
- Ensure that security of supply for services is maintained safely, to the correct technical specification, and on schedule to meet operational requirements.
- Provide expert advice on procurement-related risks, including in-depth market knowledge both commercial and technical to all INEOS procurement customers.
- Lead negotiations with suppliers to secure best commercial terms based on agreed specifications and aggregated INEOS demand to spend INEOS cash wisely.
- Follow the department procurement processes that meet internal INEOS requirements
- Identify and recommend new suppliers to the businesses that can offer a commercial or technical advantage to INEOS to mitigate project or asset schedule risks.
- Claims negotiation and application of liabilities following a dispute on service provision.
- Ability to review/assist detailed cost submissions and challenge cost submissions to ensure final account valuations match the contract intent, when required.
- Ensure that the services ordered comply with the O&P UK standards for quality and safe delivery.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills
- MCIPS qualified preferred or equivalent chartered membership or QS qualifications
- Significant previous purchasing/commercial / contractual experience in a large complex manufacturing environment and can demonstrate challenge to suppliers to deliver cost savings.
- Good working knowledge and skills of MS Office tools including Excel, Word as well as SAP & Database analysis would be advantageous.
- Self-starter and comfortable with communications between engineers, planners, project managers, procurement specialists, and suppliers.
- Deep understanding of cost drivers on contracts in order to demonstrate transparency and overall value.
- Expert, advanced negotiation skills and techniques.