Inspection Engineer – Cat 2 & 3
Competitive salary + generous benefits package, including competitive pension plan
Petroineos Refining - OUR FUTURE IS EXTRAORDINARY. YOURS COULD BE TOO.
The role is within the Petroineos Grangemouth refinery UKAS accredited inspection organisation.
Our Inspectors inspect a wide range of pressure and mechanical equipment; the work is undertaken as part of Shutdowns, Major Asset Integrity Projects and On the Run inspection programmes.
As an Inspection Engineer you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Prepare and review Written Schemes of Examination (WSE)
- Identify preparation requirements from the WSE
- Visual examination in accordance with the WSE
- Generation of NDE Requests
- Issuing reports.
- Inspection of repairs.
- Generation of repair requests
- Participation in Risk Based Inspection studies
The inspection engineer position reports to the Senior Inspection Engineer for the area being worked on.
Candidates will need to have an engineering background and demonstrable experience of inspecting pipework and vessels as the ‘competent person’.
In addition, experience of design, fabrication, maintenance and operation of all mechanical equipment types is beneficial. They should also have good written and verbal communication skills; excellent eye for detail and an ability to follow procedures accurately.
- Candidates should hold an appropriate ONC / NVQ Level III as a minimum including 5 years relevant experience.
- Ideally be a UKAS accredited inspector, Cat 3 minimum, or have worked within a UKAS accredited inspection body.
Key Skills and Knowledge:
- Understanding of API/ASME/PSSR/EEMUA standards and guides
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Drive to learn relevant new techniques
- Coupled with natural drive, the ability to make a difference