Are you in?
A truly global company, INEOS is one of the world’s largest chemical companies.
Having committed to significant investment over the next few years, we now require a SHE Advisor with relevant experience to play a key role in the delivery and support of this growth in our business.
Provide expert SHE advice to the Olefins and Polymers UK’s (O&P UK) and IIGL (Ineos Infrastructure Grangemouth) Hydrocarbons and Ethanol Assets to ensure delivery of SHE performance commitments in line with Business objectives and Asset strategies. Be recognised as the principal contact for SHE in the O&P UK’s, IIGL assets. Support central SHE and Compliance Team in delivering improvements and monitoring compliance.
- Advise Asset Management team on all aspects of SHE performance required to ensure continued compliance with regulatory requirements (outwith Asset integrity requirements).
- Recommend and support implementation of SHE improvement activities that will deliver a step change in SHE performance defined within the Asset strategies.
- Implement, uphold and champion Ineos O&P UK and Ineos Group SHE process such as Life Saving rules and 20 Principles.
- Recommend plans to ensure the Assets comply with changes in SHE legislation and regulations.
- Interface with SHE Specialists and compliance team to ensure the required delivery of relevant support to achieve Asset strategy commitments.
- Support local Asset SHE meetings to ensure the delivery of SHE performance commitments.
- Formally represent, as required Asset interests at Site SHE meetings to ensure Site policy meets Asset requirements.
- Define, develop and implement TAR/outage SHE strategy to ensure safe and cost-effective delivery of performance commitments prior to and through TAR/outage period.
- Lead & Manage TAR/outage SHE resource throughout the event.
- Audit and evaluate SHE performance of 3rd party Contractors taking any required appropriate follow up actions to ensure compliance with O&P UK SHE expectations.
- Support Asset SHE Induction process for new starts ensuring the SHE Expectations for working on assets are clearly promoted.
- Support site wide and local investigations into SHE incidents, identifying root causes and making recommendations to prevent re-occurrence.
- Job holder expectation to be part of the Grangemouth Site IMT & MACC (Multi Agency Control Centre). (formal rota).
- Job holder requirement to be contactable out of hours.
- Some periods of inconvenience to support planned and unplanned plant TARS/outages.
- Support interaction with the Competent Authorities (HSE and SEPA).
- Lead Root Cause Analysis (RCA) as member of formal Committee Of Enquiry investigation team.
- Technically competent and good communicator in order to deliver internal training courses and apprentice/graduate SHE inductions.
Qualifications, knowledge and Skills
- Minimum of Diploma in SHE discipline (including Environmental Management element) e.g. NEBOSH
- Technical membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health.
- >5 years experience in Manufacturing /operating environment.
- Trained Internal Auditor (ISO or equivalent)
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and practically apply SHE legislation and regulations.
- Pragmatic approach to the application of SHE policy in the manufacturing/operating environment.
- Incident Investigation / Root cause analysis
- High level of communication skills and demonstrated ability to deal with all levels in the organisation.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their CV and press apply