Stock and Systems Support Specialist
INEOS O&P UK
To provide assurance around manufactured, finished stock, packaging and raw materials across a number of European stock locations in order to ensure that the business is able to manage its stocks effectively and keep working capital under control. To monitor performance of selected 3rd party logistics providers, support and identify system improvements and provide cover for the silo scheduler role in order to identify and implement improvements throughout the supply chain and to ensure that the silo scheduling role is maintained at all times.
Dimensions of the Role
- An integral part of the supply chain network capable of storing, handling and delivering up to 550ktes/annum of finished polymer product (up to 30,000 individual movements/annum)
- Providing assurance on finished product stock levels up to 50,000tes with a value of approximately €50-60M.
- Providing assurance on polymer raw material and packaging stock levels up to a value of approximately €10-20M
- Carry out silo scheduling across 80 silos to ensure that the polymer plants operating at up to 1700tes/day always have space to evacuate the plant.
- A detailed knowledge of a number of supply chain systems and processes are required e.g. SAP, Transwide, Depotlink and master data evaluation to deliver the systems support required
- Senior management contact with a number of key suppliers in order to ensure the performance of these 3rd parties is maintained and good relations are fostered.
Scope of responsibilities
The Stock and Systems specialist is responsible for ensuring all stock is accurate in SAP vs Book as well as ensuring all material masters and Bill of Materials for finished goods are kept up to date and accurate in SAP. The stock assurance involves liasing with internal and external parties as well as performing spot audit checks. The role also requires performance management for Regional Distribution Terminals in Belgium which involves monthly calls and reviews. Supporting internal colleagues and third parties with operational day to day system issues is another key aspect of the role along with suggesting and help implement improvements. The silo scheduling cover is a key part of the role. The main responsibilities are therefore to:
- Ensure that quantities of finished products covering multiple stock locations (10 separate stock locations for bulk and packed product) are accurately recorded through the identification and maintenance of an auditable stock assurance process in order that promises to customers can be met and working capital be tightly controlled.
- Ensure that quantities of packaging materials and manufacturing additives are accurately recorded and maintained to ensure material is readily available for the production demands.
- Provide the stock assurance input (Monthly stock data €175K value) into the Borrowing Base Certificate (BBC) process including supporting external auditors, to allow INEOS to borrow against money owed (sales and inventory).
Performance Management of 3rd Parties
- Carry out relationship management of the 3rd parties that operate the Regional Distribution Centre’s (RDC’s) in Antwerp (Bulk ~ 130ktes/ annum) and St Niklaas (ECS ~ 60ktes/ annum) in order to develop ways to improve efficiency whilst monitoring the ongoing performance (contractual safety, operational and cost metrics)
- Provide primary support for the resolution of operational issues associated with day-to-day IT systems, including SAP across a number of O & P UK stock locations and logistic providers in order to maintain Supply Chain operations and minimize impact on the business such as an inability to distribute product
- Identify, evaluate and implement the operational aspects associated with developments and improvements in Supply Chain across a number of O & P UK stock locations and logistics providers in order to improve efficiency or reduce cost.
Silo Scheduling Cover
- On a cover basis, develop and implement silo evacuation plans to ensure that silo availability does not constrain production on the polymer plants at any time and liaise with the 3rd party operator of the Common Logistics Platform, to implement the plans in an optimal way that promises to customers can be met and working capital be tightly
Qualifications, knowledge and skills
- Graduate or Higher/HNC level
- The following are either required for the role or the applicant needs to demonstrate the capability to become proficient in these activities.
- Experienced SAP user, preferable experience in Material Master and Bills of Materials
- Commercial experience of dealing with contract management and influencing 3rd Party performance.
- Working Knowledge of logistics.
- Strong business sense – able to converse with business and product managers.
- Understanding of the systems used within supply chain and procurement e.g. SAP, Transwide etc
- Significant supply chain HSE knowledge
- Ability to work productively when under pressure and under tight time restraints, meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Be flexible and see the job through to the end to ensure that business needs are met
- Take responsibility for own performance
- A bias for action with a proven track record of initiative and problem solving.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written)
- Detailed approach to problem solving and data entry.
- Be comfortable in dealing with external 3rd parties at all levels of the organisation
Your application should include a CV with a brief covering letter outlining the reason for your application
Internal applicants should speak with their line manager
Please note we can only accept applications from those who have the right to work in the UK