Fixed Term Contract
Are you in?
A truly global company, INEOS is one of the world’s largest chemical companies.
Having committed to significant investment over the next few years, we now require a Systems Engineer with relevant experience to play a key role in the delivery and support of this growth in our business.
To provide support and development for a number of business application systems with particular focus on specific areas of expertise. To support troubleshooting & resolution of system issues and unplanned outages. Candidate must have experience with Alfresco or a similar document management system. Providing technical solutions for new project activities. Implement & test business applications, working closely with other members of the IT Team and when required the business users.
- Provide application support for specific business applications relevant to experience. Ensuring compliance with IT processes & standards, including change management
- Install & test business applications both in-house developed & 3rd party purchased in conjunction with business users
- Regular review of incoming support issues to ensure resolution within a timely manner. To support the team with resolving any unplanned outages. Highlighting any significant issues to the Application Manager.
- Update support documentation & procedures to ensure that they meet the goals of simplicity and efficiency in working practices
- Executing technical support for small & medium sized projects tasks to ensure they are delivered on time; within budget and meeting the stated business requirements.
- Responsibility to ensure that all applications support & disaster recovery documentation is kept updated for supported application systems
- Accountable for source code control within your area of expertise
- Assist in delivering applications IT Strategy in alignment the INEOS Refining & O&P UK roadmaps to achieve business goals
- In addition, being on site at Grangemouth Mon-Fri the role will include participation in the on-call rota to provide out of hours’ emergency support.
- Candidate must have exceptional IT Application support skills and some knowledge of application system development activities
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
Qualifications & Experience
- Technical Support of Alfresco Content Services
- Knowledge of Change control and Incident Management
- Web application debugging
- Performance and Tuning (operating systems and web technology)
- Knowledge of Document Management Concepts
- Management and Content Transformation
- Data Migration
- Search Technologies such as SOLR
- Web Servers (Apache httpd, Tomcat, IIS)
- Authentication knowledge (Kerberos, SSO)
- Alfresco Certified Administrator and/or Alfresco Certified Engineer
- Technical Support of Alfresco Process Services
- Maintaining and Monitoring Relational Databases (PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, etc)
- Experience with other content management systems (EMC Documentum, Microsoft Sharepoint, Vignette VCM, Interwoven TeamSite etc.)
- Web Services, FreeMarker, CIFS, FTP, WebDAV
- Virtualisation (VMWARE Hyper-V, Citrix Xen)
- IP Network protocol layers, security layers and web standards
- Java Development
- Version Control Tools (SVN, Git, etc)
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion, interacting with the Senior Systems Engineers or Technical Leads to highlight & discuss technical issues
- Written & spoken English language skills are essential
- Engaging with business users when troubleshooting issues and clarifying business requirements
- Speaking with software suppliers to resolve technical issues and communicating with end users to co-ordinate installs
- Ability to handle multiple and diverse tasks simultaneously (written & verbal)
- Self-starter, with strong team-working, influencing, communication and other interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates a bias for action
- Driven to attain goals and pursue excellence
- Agrees workload priority with line manager
- Meets timescales for project tasks
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Participates in effective team interaction (including remotely based team members)
- Regularly reviews/updates service desk tickets.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members
- Updates IT support documentation
- Making a contribution to team successes and actively supporting others
Line Management Responsibility
Please submit your CV to be considered