SYSTEMS ENGINEER - 12 month contract
Are you in?
A truly global company, INEOS is one of the world’s largest chemical companies.
Having committed to significant investment over the next few years, we now require a Systems Engineer with relevant experience to play a key role in the delivery and support of this growth in our business.
To provide support and development for a number of business application systems with particular focus on specific areas of expertise. To support troubleshooting & resolution of system issues and unplanned outages. Providing input into technical solutions for new project activities. Implement & test business applications, working closely with other members of the IT Team and when required the business users.
• Provide application support for specific business applications relevant to experience. Ensuring compliance with IT processes & standards, including change management
• Install & test business applications both in-house developed & 3rd party purchased in conjunction with business users
• Regular review of incoming support issues to ensure resolution within a timely manner. To support the team with resolving any unplanned outages. Highlighting any significant issues to the Application Manager.
• Update support documentation & procedures to ensure that they meet the goals of simplicity and efficiency in working practices
• Providing technical support for small & medium sized projects tasks to ensure they are delivered on time; within budget and meeting the stated business requirements.
• Responsibility to ensure that all applications support & disaster recovery documentation is kept updated for supported application systems
• Accountable for source code control within your area of expertise
• Assist in delivering applications IT Strategy in alignment the INEOS Refining & O&P UK roadmaps to achieve business goals
• In addition, being on site at Grangemouth Mon-Fri the role will include participation in the on-call rota to provide out of hours’ emergency support.
• Candidate must have exceptional IT Application support skills and some knowledge of application system development activities
Qualifications & Experience
• Technical Support of Alfresco Content Services
• Knowledge of Change control and Incident Management
• Web application debugging
• Performance and Tuning (operating systems and web technology)
• Knowledge of Document Management Concepts
• Management and Content Transformation
• Data Migration
• Maintaining and Monitoring Relational Databases (PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, etc)
• Search Technologies such as SOLR
• Web Servers (Apache httpd, Tomcat, IIS)
• Authentication knowledge (Kerberos, SSO)
• Alfresco Certified Administrator and/or Alfresco Certified Engineer
• Technical Support of Alfresco Process Services
• Experience with other content management systems (EMC Documentum, Microsoft Sharepoint, Vignette VCM, Interwoven TeamSite etc.)
• Web Services, FreeMarker, CIFS, FTP, WebDAV
• Virtualisation (VMWARE Hyper-V, Citrix Xen)
• IP Network protocol layers, security layers and web standards
• Java Development
• Version Control Tools (SVN, Git, etc)
Interested candidates should submit their CV