TAR E&I Workpack Specialist - Contract
INEOS O & P
A truly global company, INEOS is one of the world’s largest chemical companies.
The Grangemouth Complex, based in Central Scotland, is a top tier COMAH site with a refinery, ethylene cracker and oil/gas separation facilities and storage along with several other major petrochemical processes.
This is an exciting time to join us at our Grangemouth site, INEOS’ largest manufacturing asset which includes Scotland’s only crude oil refinery.
KG is an ethylene cracker plant and manufactures the building ‘blocks’ required for many of the chemical derivatives which are used in manufacturing to produce a wide range of products used by us each day.
KG’s planned plant Turnarounds (TAR) are scheduled for 2021 & 2023. The successful candidate will become part of a multi-discipline team involved with the preparation and execution of these events.
Are you IN?
- Reporting to the TAR Lead the I/E Workpack Specialist will provide engineering expertise and technical support to the TAR team.
- KG 2023 TAR will have approximately 500 workpacks that will require E/I input or lead. All pre-engineering needs to be completed in 2022 in preparation for KG 2023 TAR.
- The role will require some periods of flexible working to meet business critical demands. It includes working with the INEOS TAR & asset teams and also with the TAR contractors and 3rd party vendors.
- The post-holder will be required to interact with and influence others (e.g. planners/schedulers, COW/RAP team, and contractors to ensure plans are achievable and to facilitate the timely and safe delivery of all work within budget.
- Provide construction engineering input and expertise to ensure the shutdown (TAR) is delivered safely & on time.
- Accountable for the preparation, quality and delivery of all information required for their allocated TAR workpacks within the agreed milestones.
- Prepare job sketches (or drawings if possible) that clearly identify the scope and materials.
- Ensure all inspection and operations requirements including agreed isolations are incorporated.
- Preparation of SIP (scaffold, insulation or painting) requests that are detailed and clear.
- Prepare bills of material (BoM) that are correct and accurate – check against approved E&I specifications. Clearly identify direct purchase materials or contractor supplied (e.g consumable) to the TAR materials coordinator.
- Prepare the Job breakdown identifying all 3rd party requirements and resources hours using agreed norms or estimates.
- Identify any long lead or special items to the appropriate TAR discipline engineer for approval.
- During the TAR preparations phase, take a leading role in developing construction methodologies and schedules which deliver the TAR scope within the system windows. Consider any other TAR scopes, simultaneous operations or SHE/permit requirements to prepare robust and tested plans with the TAR planning team.
- Look for any opportunities to maximise pre-TAR works or alternative rationale for performing works outside of a TAR. Both with the benefit of removing scope from the TAR executions.
- Communicate and agree these plans with the appointed TAR contractors through to execution.
- During the TAR you will take up a role within one of the execution area teams to deliver the agreed scope safely & on schedule.
The role is varied. It will require some periods of flexible working to meet business critical demands. It includes working with the INEOS TAR & asset teams and also with the TAR contractors and 3rd party vendors.
Qualifications, knowledge and Skills
- Trade Qualifications or equivalent in Electrical or Instrument and Control discipline
- Relevant TAR experience in a similar role
- Experienced in Construction Supervision
- Knowledge of Instrument and Electrical design principles including an understanding of petrochemical process hazard and risk assessment as it applies to instrument and electrical process equipment and its associated systems.
- Ability to interpret P&IDs and all associated E&I diagrams such as loop, wiring, cable block, terminations, GA’s, routings etc and cable schedules
- Experience of working within multi-disciplined engineering teams
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Experienced Excel user and all other MS office applications
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply and submit their CV