Technical Safety and Facilities Engineer
Location - Kingswells, Aberdeen
FPS is a 100% INEOS-owned integrated oil and gas liquid transportation and processing system with a nominal capacity in excess of one million barrels per day serving the central area of the North Sea.
Oil and gas liquids from over 50 offshore fields and St Fergus flow through pipelines into FPS. FPS transports crude oil and gas liquids from offshore and onshore entry points, processes the liquids at Kinneil and redelivers to the customer Forties Blend crude oil at Hound Point and either Raw Gas or fractionated Gas Products at Grangemouth.
Reporting to the Technical and Engineering Manager, provides Technical Safety related competence and guidance to the FPS North assets. Provide Facilities Engineering related competence and guidance to the FPS North assets.
- Strong, demonstrable SHE leadership within the office environment and onsite.
- Leads the planning and implementation of the local Process Hazards Analysis programmes including chairing PHAs and/or identifying appropriate resource to chair;
- Prepare detailed project study reports to ensure generation of accurate project proposals.
- Support implementation of activities or projects (capital and revenue) to improve SHE, availability/reliability and cost performance.
- Act as focal point for FPS North Management of Change process.
- Leads LOPAs (Level of Protection Analysis) reviews (in response to Asset or Project demand);
- Leads Safety Engineering Reviews in response to Asset or Project demand;
- Regularly reviews the status of process safety information and identifies gaps and develops improvement plans;
- Audits asset compliance with the plant modification system and identifies areas for improvement.
- Job holder expected to be part of the Incident Management Team (formal rota)
Qualifications and Technical experience
- Chemical engineering Degree with or working towards a Postgraduate Qualification in Safety and Risk Management.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in oil and gas industry operations. This experience should be wide ranging and cover some experience of projects, design and manufacturing environments.
- Demonstrable experience of providing Technical Safety Engineering support to on and offshore operations, including subsea and onshore overland pipelines.
- Significant experience of safety and risk assessment methods and safety management.
- Experienced in leading HAZOPs and PHAs.
- Knowledge of Risk Assessment and management processes – knowledge of specific tools required and ability to interpret results.
- Up to date knowledge of Offshore and Onshore Legislation and Regulations.
- Strong awareness of human factors influence on process safety.
- Proficient with management of change processes.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their CV and apply