Junior Trade Control Analyst – London January 2021
Competitive salary + generous benefits package, including competitive pension plan
INEOS Trading and Shipping (ITS) is a newly formed business unit established from INEOS Olefins and Polymers North. The Trading activity of the business is focused primarily on procuring Feedstock, Gas and Power for INEOS chemical assets in Europe. The team controls the risk management strategy associated with this procurement activity and has recently expanded to take advantage of other trading opportunities. The Shipping & Terminals side of the business has recently chartered 8 Dragon vessels to manage the new feedstock supply chain from the USA to Europe for the O&P North & O&P UK businesses.
The candidate will be working as part of energetic team in new offices based in Knightsbridge within the Risk Management department. This is an important role to ensure Delegation of Authority compliance on all trading activity.
The role is for a Junior team member but with the potential for advancement based on merit and performance.
Principle Accountabilities of the role:
The successful applicant’s duties will include but are not limited to:
- Act as a gatekeeper for all transactions in Allegro (ETRM system). Validate and correct/reject incorrect trades, curves, market data and positions.
- Produce and issue daily position reports and assist with the daily hedging process.
- Produce and distribute daily P&L statements, including commentary and proof reconciliations.
- Reconcile daily margin statements and arrange cash transfers as required.
- Ensure adherence to trading limits and compliance with INEOS Delegation of Authority (DOA) including daily commentary and headroom analysis.
- Post and produce invoices to settle bilateral trade portfolios and confirm 3rd party portfolio reconciliations and trade confirmations.
- Daily reporting of trades to REGIS-TR Trade Repository for EMIR, REMIT and FINFRAG compliance.
- Full involvement in month end and accounting process, including journal preparation, SAP posting and KPI analysis.
- Educated to minimum A Level standard. No prior industry experience required
- Advanced Excel skills highly desirable. Intermediate Excel skills essential (Macros, Pivot tables, lookups etc).
- Accounting skills and Petrochemical background also desirable
- Experience with SAP or comparable accounting software would be advantageous
The successful applicant will be a dedicated, analytical and numerate individual and will assist in the expansion of INEOS’ Trading and Risk Management department.
The applicant must be highly motivated and proactive and work well both as an individual and as part of a team. Interaction with back, middle and front office is essential, and so strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
The dynamic nature of the business means that the candidate will need to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines. The candidate must have a high concern for standards as accurate accounts are essential.
We are only able to consider candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK
Please apply and submit your CV. The deadline for applications is 27/01/2021.